This outfit is a little edgier than yesterday’s version. I love pairing navy and black together. A lot of people would never dare mix the two, but I think it creates a chicness only attainable by these two colors. The oxblood bag is on trend and works well with the navy and black, and if you don’t like the grey coat it can easily be swapped out for black to create a sleeker look.
I know, I know…the skirt is expensive, but it was on sale from $500. Sometimes it’s worth it to invest, especially if you see a staple piece by a designer that you love on sale. Take this skirt for example. Yes, it’s a little pricey, but it’s a quality piece that will last forever and can add some luxury to your closet. (Here’s a little secret of mine: if you wear cheap things next to expensive things, everything looks expensive…as long as the cheap things aren’t tacky.)
If you do decide to splurge, here are 5 things to remember when sale shopping for designer pieces:
1. Buy neutrals (It’s a guarantee that they will match with most things in your closet.)
2. Buy classic shapes (So that your investments don’t go out of style.)
3. Buy for many settings (To make the investment worthwhile.)
4. Make sure you really love it (So that you will wear it a lot.)
5. Enjoy your splurge! (Don’t go home and worry about the money you spent…revel in your new purchase!)